(Boston, Mass.) The Rivier University Cross Country teams competed at the Suffolk Invitational at Franklin Park hosted by Suffolk University on Friday evening and the Raiders finished 16th overall in the women's 5K and 18th in the men's 8K.
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
With two of the top seven runners and five in the top 25 overall, Emmanuel College topped the women's field with 69 points, just 3 points ahead of runner-up Endicott College.
Suffolk University junior Emma Weisse led the 148-runner field with a 19:14 time while Emmanuel sophomore Pearl Vercruysse finished second with a 19:44 performance.
FOR THE RAIDERS:
• Senior Marin Owens (Brookline, N.H.) paced the Raiders with a 23:28 time and placed 53rd overall.
• Sophomore Lauren Ferentino (Hudson, N.H.) posted a 25:11 effort and placed 77th
• Sophomore Amelia Bassett (Derry, N.H.) placed 91st (27:07)
• Freshman Bridget Varnum (Amston, Conn.) was 105th with a 29:43 performance
• Freshman Madaline Grenier (Hudson, N.H.) placed 109th (30:16)
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
With all five scoring runners in the top 20 overall, including the top finisher, Tiffin cruised to the men's title with 40 points, well ahead of runner-up Wentworth Institute of Technology, which capped the day with 71 points.
Tiffin sophomore Stephen Korir claimed the individual crown after touring the 8K course in 26:21 minutes, nearly 40 seconds in front of Suffolk freshman Matyas Csiki-Fejer, who finished second with a 27:05 performance.
FOR THE RAIDERS:
• Junior Yash Jagtap (North Andover, Mass.) placed 73rd overall (32:54)
• Sophomore Patrick Meyers (Wolfeboro Falls, N.H.) placed 86th (35:10)
• Sophomore Cody Brien (Hillsborough, N.H.) placed 113th (56:31)
• Freshman John McCarthy (Rowley, Mass.) placed 114th (56:31)
• Sophomore Jalen Watson (Woonsocket, R.I.) placed 115th (56:32)
• Freshman Jacob Santiago (Manchester, N.H.) placed 116th (56:32)
Rivier will return to Standish, Maine for the annual Great Northeast Athletic Conference Championships on Saturday, October 27th.